Hi! Nice that you’ve showed some interest in a Guasha facial treatment!
You’ll read right here what it is exactly, what it can do for you and what the programme of one session with us looks like :)
We can divide the word Guasha (pronounce gwasha) in 2 parts: gua, which means “to scrape”, and sha, which means “sand”, refering to the little red dots that will pop up on the skin (only in the case of a body massage, not a facial one). In other words, by scraping the skin of the body with a tool (Guasha board) some little red dots - the sha / the sand - will appear.
Guasha boards are made from all sorts of different materials. Most common are buffalo horn, jade and rose quartz. In the past people just used a spoon or a copper coin. That’s why Guasha is also known as spooning or coining.
The Guasha technique was developed to encourage blood circulation and healthy chi energy, to decrease muscle pain and inflammation and to relax the body and mind.
Before I explain this process any further, it is good to know that there is a HUGE difference between a body and a facial Guasha treatment!!
With the facial Guasha we do NOT aim to get sha, so we do NOT want to give the facial skin those little red dots. The technique for the face is very light compared to the body, where it’s really stronger scraping.
The goal of facial Guasha is to improve the blood circulation, the lymph circulation and the flow of energy in the face.
The lymph lies just below the skin and responds well to gentle touches. By activating the lymph circulation the puffiness of the face will reduce and at the same time toxins will get flushed away. This will revitalize your skin and give you a wonderful glow.
By using a very light scraping massage technique with a Guasha board, the flow of energy in the meridians and acupressure points gets activated and improved. This technique will bring fresh blood and nutrients to the skin.
Guasha is used to prevent and treat symptoms and diseases and it:
- Improves the blood and lymph circulation
- Improves the flow of Chi
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces pains
- Helps with headaches, pain in the eyes, ears and sinusitis
- Stimulates the organ function
- Improves the functioning of the nervous system
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Balances the emotions
- Deeply relaxes at all levels
For the facial Guasha specifically it also:
- Brightens your complexion
- Smoothes out wrinkles and fine lines
- Lifts and plumps the skin
- Firms and hydrates the skin
- Relaxes facial muscles
- Reduces blemishes and acne
- Reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes
- Improves the collagen and elastin production
Here is the programme of an Akasha blends Guasha facial treatment with acupressure point activation:
Treat yourself to some deep relaxation and a beautiful glow!
- We take a before picture - if you don’t want your picture taken or shared on our social media channels just let us know :)
- During the whole treatment there is music playing that helps raise our frequency and you are surrounded by some delightful scents
- Rinsing with a hot bio cotton towel
- Deep cleansing based on your skin type with bio Avocado oil
- A short facial massage
- Rinsing again with a hot bio cotton towel
- Point activation
- Rinsing with a hot bio cotton towel
- Toning the skin with organic Rose water
- We take an after picture - if you don’t want your picture taken or shared on our social media channels just let us know :)
The result is a younger brighter appearance, a beautiful sculpted face, a wonderful glow and a deep feeling of relaxation in your body and mind!
If you got enthusiastic and want to experience a Guasha facial treatment, I invite you to book it here in our online shop. Ask for the possibilities of a strip card!
Pricing: 60 minutes for €66; 90 minutes for €99.
Only in Heeze (North Brabant, The Netherlands)
We hope to meet you soon <3
Be soft. But wild. Awaken your beauty!
There are some cases when it is better not to get a Guasha facial treatment. Guasha facial treatments can better not be given:
- During the first trimester of your pregnancy
- On wet acne/ eczema
- If you have fillers or Botox (wait at least 3 months)
- On sunburned skin
- On open wounds
- On inflamed or irritated skin
- On damaged skin
- If you’re ill or have a fever
- When you have skin cancer
- When you have swollen lymph nodes
If you have any doubts about your skin condition, just send me a message with your question.